Monday 6 July 2015

Making it easier


The main reason that I don't like rainy days is the fact that I do not like having to wear a coat. 
There has been various reasons over the years as to why I do not like to wear them but at the moment it is because I really struggle with buttons and zips. 
As a child, I loved those days in the playground when we were told we did not have to wear our coats. I remember shouting "freedom" as I probably skipped or ran around.  Then as a teenager/ young adult I detested trying coats on as I always had to buy huge sizes as they never used to fit me very well on the chest area- this is still a problem. 
Today, after not having to wear a coat for a while I really struggled with the zip although I must confess that my arm no longer hurts when I actually put the coat on! Yay. 

Hurry back sunshine. 


This is a drawer in my bedroom, I have a few drawers and cupboards like this, full of things I love but I can not use at the moment. A few days before I left hospital they got me to go to the hospital shop to purchase a magazine. This was so terrifying. I was using a stick with my right hand which was my good side, I didn't know what to do with the stick when I needed my right hand to do something. I remember knocking the stick over and threw my money all over the floor that day but they wanted to show me how different my life was now. I didn't even attempt to take a handbag out with me for a few months after I came out of hospital and relied on my mum to carry my money around for me and for paying for me. As time has gone on, I of course attempted this more and more myself. I found it so hard to start with but I have got to say now I am doing it without a second thought. I have adapted by only using a cross the shoulder bag. 
I use this clutch bag as my purse and keep as fewer cards as possible in this card wallet. I also keep my keys on a lanyard so that I can find them easily plus it is somuch easier being able to hang them around my neck when leaving or arriving back at the house when carrying bags etc. It is working very well for me right now but one day I hope to get back to using my handbags and wallets I have stored away. I always keep my pill box with me. I bought this when I first came out of hospital as it was so hard to actually get any tablets out of the packaging so I would find it easier to do a weeks worth at a time. It is something that I have carried on with although I do find it easier to actually get the tablets out  now but I am used to doing it this way and love routine. My diary and a pen needs to be kept with me too. I really want to get a monthly and weekly view diary planner but as for now I am using a notebook for each month which I keep at home then use a weekly diary which fits in my bag nicely, I would like to invest my time and money into a lovely planner and decorate it pretty but I want to make sure that this is something that I will continue to want to do and love to do first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment