Thursday 16 July 2015

My toughest critic

I guess that would be myself. I have been feeling a bit down this week but I did not know why until today as I took a walk home from dropping my daughter at school. I must remember how much I enjoy a morning stroll, it really does me so much good. On reflection, I have been doing too much this week. I have set myself goals that are just not attainable with how tired I get and the fact that I have a weaker left side which feels weaker as I get tired. Hence, my day is normally 7:30 am to 7:00pm and I need to remember if I am expecting to stay up any later than this, then something has got to give in the day.  
I think with the end of summer term approaching all the kids, parents and as I said to my mum last night, grandparents in some cases are tired and very much in need of a break. I know that I am not alone in this feeling but I have felt so very tired this week. I am today, taking a bit of time out to rest. Everything that I need to do is on a list and can get ticked off as and when. I wanted to be finished unpacking by the beginning of the holidays, it's been impossible so I shall carry on with this when Cerys is not with me or has other plans during the holidays. 
I have put up her dolls house, I think it could be better but I put it up the best I can with one fully functional hand it's not easy and there were tears, lots of tears but I did it :) 
It will be moving to the back of the hall when I have cleared the boxes that need unpacking where I intend to have her dolls house, a book shelf and her bean bag. But it is up, it's functional and she is happy with it so that is the main thing. 
I think the weather has brought me down a bit this week too, more so because of the fact that I like routine so I had just got used to sunny day routines so it upset me so much to have to deal with rainy, gloomy days again, what to wear etc and walking in the rain is not so easy as going it when the sun is shining. If you have to have your hood up it is really hard to cross the road. Hurry back sunshine. I don't mind gloominess in winter when you are prepared with the right clothes and outdoor gear, I don't even see the point of putting make up on when it's a horrible day but then when out I don't feel like talking to people because I haven't got make up on!!!  When did life get so complicated? ;) 
So on my walk and my time to reflect I think it has made it clear that although I'm trying so hard to get better and I am improving. I have to remember that my body has been through a lot and I'm still recovering and have a long way to go yet. Silly me, I am doing so well and really am very proud of myself the majority of the time. 
Note to self- you are doing okay 


No comments:

Post a Comment