Thursday 25 June 2015

Reasons to be happy in June

Sometimes it gets a bit much and I have to just take a moment to remember that life is going well and I have many reasons to be grateful. today is one of those days so here are some moments that I am grateful for - 
An afternoon in Scolton Manor! when I was in hospital my sister bought me a copy of "the simple life" magazine. I love that magazine so much. I actually get excited at the thought of looking at a new one. I have not felt like that since "girl", "jackie" or "my Guy". I used to look forward to the day they came out each week. Anyway, this particular issue had a section on wild flowers. I sat and just looked at it for ages, longing for the day that I could get out of hospital and see some actual real life wild flowers. I would say it doesn't get much better than that but stick my gorgeous nephew amongst the wild flowers equals heaven! ;) 
Me and my mum :) I like this photo as I am standing very straight in it and I think I look quite well. It takes quite a lot of effort  to stand tall and feel like I look nice so got to try and capture the moment if it happens. 
This, also happened. Which I thought was so lovely. My friend took me on a picnic to a nearby beach called Sandy Haven. She had packed a basket full of goodies including a small bottle of wine for me. It was a lovely afternoon and we had so much fun. 
The picnic basket :) 


As I had gone out for a meal to celebrate my stroke anniversary I had promised Cerys I would take her out for tea the following Friday. She wanted to take her cousin Rebecca with her. I didn't fly them over to New York unfortunately but did go to an American themed diner. I had a Reeses thick shake which was beautiful! Yum. 
Then Aunty Ceri came home for the weekend and we had a sleepover. 
Along with some singing and dancing! Not the best photo but the best of a bad lot- no offense girls! 
I enjoyed seeing Cerys riding her bike 
And then I shall insert some random photos I have taken over the last two weeks here- 
So this is very true indeed :)- 

No comments:

Post a Comment