Saturday 20 June 2015

Taking time out to heal

July 18th 2015 will be one year since I got discharged from hospital after my stroke.my daughter broke up from school that day and I felt so lucky to be able to walk a short distance with my stick to walk to the school gates, something that for the previous months I had not been able to do. This year they break up the day before my discharge anniversary but still perfect timing to begin the next stage of my recovery plan. 

I had planned to take a gap year when Cerys is 18 to visit Africa together. (if she still wants to go with her old mum when she is 18 that is ;) ) 
It was not in my plans to take one right now but it would seem that it has chosen me. Africa is not really a option right now. I am recovering right now and on my own personal journey I intend to embrace this upcoming year. Last year, in the summer holidays I was still quite poorly so these upcoming holidays I want to really enjoy my time with her. I could be working this time next year, who knows?

I am going to try my best to get all those boxes in the house unpacked and the house and garden looking pretty by July 18th. In anticipation of 

My taking time out to heal year 

First priority will be to enjoy the summer holidays with Cerys. 
2. Get on the journey of being super fit. (I have limitations but I can make a start) 
3. Complete a sewing project 
4. Make a memories book 
5. Grow a vegetable 
6. Practise make up on others 
7. Paint a picture
8. Read books/listen to music 
9. Take lots of photos 
10. Write about my experiences 

I am sure there are more things than that but ten is a nice even tidy number so I shall leave it there for now. Along side this obviously I will always be aiming to get stronger and be well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment