Thursday 11 June 2015

Lego birthday

I was determined to make my daughters birthday a extra special one the year, through not fault of her own it has not been the easiest times of late. I wanted to achieve this for not only her but to also prove to myself that I could organise a party. Something that I have always loved to do. She originally wanted a lego themed party in a hall with a bouncy castle but everybody of course has the right to have a change of mind and suddenly she wanted to go to Legoland with Mummy. We are aiming to do this in the summer. It will give me a chance to plan, save and get stronger as no doubt she will ask me to do things there that will test me and I am trying really hard to be a "yes" person obviously whilst being sensible, I am making the most of my time at home at the moment and looking out for deals for anything legoland and london related. 
Her actual birthday fell on a weekday and  I am pleased to say I remembered a present, wrapping paper, birthday card, banners and birthday badge. I made her a voucher which entitled her to a lego party (we decided to do a house party with her friends at the weekend) and one trip to legoland and london. I had made the cupcakes for her party so placed some of these in the shape of a 7 for the morning of her birthday. 

We invited Nanny to have birthday breakfast with us

And she had a kindle as her present 

She went off for a day in school, she has never forgotten the first day she ever had her birthday in school, I had packed a cake and a note from me in her lunch box and she had kept mentioning this prior to her birthday. I think I did a pretty good at pretending I was not really listening to her properly and once again she had a note and a cake in her lunch box . She was delighted. 
We went for a birthday tea with Nanny L and Daddy after school and had lots of fun. 



Then at the weekend we got ready for her lego party. 




They played a few games but I did not get any photos of those as I was a bit busy and was also using my phone for music. Spotify is my new best friend. Lego spoon race was great fun. I tried to organise it well but in the end it was a case of "if you have got a spoon in your hand, pick up some lego and run" I think they all enjoyed it. I was pleased that it went so well, pleased that Cerys enjoyed it and so happy that my brain didn't get too tired to cope. The only thing I forgot was napkins which my mum kindly helped me out by plating up pieces of cake while the guests were still at the party. Daddy had provided the alternative to booty bags which were lego sets for the boys and a lego book for the girls. 

We continued the festivities by all gathering at my mums house to watch the Eurovision Song Contest. We had all chosen country's to cheer on and my sister had put in a little kitty for the winner. It did make it so much more fun. What a lovely day :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment