Saturday 1 August 2015

A pretty good blog?

Thank you You Tube you have been like a friend to me through this whole recovery time. I can get some advice, ideas of how to organise, cook, do my make up and get ideas for what to wear along with watching old sitcoms if I should feel the need. Many people do vlogs which I love. Lately I have noticed a few videos coming up in my subscription box about advice on starting a blog. I originally started writing as when I first came out of hospital I was searching for success stories from other young stroke survivors so I thought if I share my story it may provide a bit of inspiration for somebody else. I didn't know if it would be something that I would enjoy or want to continue doing for too long (and being the type of person who previously would tend to get bored of things after a short while) so I did not want to draw to much attention to it just in case I did in fact give up  but I wrote my first post in November 2014 and am currently finding myself wanting to write on here more and more. It is not a big secret but I have not sent too many people this way and I don't actually know if it is of interest to anybody  or even if it is enjoyable to read. It is helping me though and is fast becoming a favourite hobby of mine and does feel like a dear friend to me. 
The first bit of advice seems to be to make your blog look pretty. I am computer less and I shall be honest in saying I do not really know what this blog looks like. I am still not sure that even if I did have a computer right now that I would even understand how to play around with the layout anyway. This was of no interest to me before but it has got me thinking- one of my next projects will be to make this blog more presentable and be something that I can be very proud of as everything in my life should be the best it can be, pretty and functional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment