Monday 3 August 2015

Family and music- things I love the most

The week has arrived. It is time for our "holiday in Pembrokeshire" basically we are having a holiday where we live but the most exciting part is that myself and Cerys get to spend lots of time with my Mum, Sisters, nephew and nieces. 
Ceri arrived home on Sunday 2nd August, we wasted no time and all of us minus Mum who had other plans went to Tenby to enjoy a afternoon and evening of entertainment in Tenby Harbour. 
Ceri, me and Claire
Aunty Ceri and Cerys being photo bombed by Lexy 
Rebecca, Cerys and Danny 

I really enjoyed myself. Was lovely to spend time together.  Watching live bands while enjoying a cold cider is one of my favourite things ever.  There was a lot of sixties music which we know so well because Mum very often over the years has had her type of music blasting out throughout the house and car over the years. I do often think I would have been much more suited to growing up in the sixties and remember while I was in junior school talking to my friends about what music we liked. I really wanted to say I don't like tapes, I like listening to my Mums records but remember thinking that I would look silly if I did. Then I fell in love with Shakin Stevens not so much for his music but based on his looks, Although I did used to listen to his records almost every hour of every day too. I remember thinking that he was the most beautiful man that I had ever seen. 
My mums friends son gave me a poster of him which I hung up next to my bed. 
While My friends all had Michael Jackson posters and would tease me about my Shaky love. 
That same person a few years later and at my request went on to record me tapes of Bon Jovi and Little Angels. I had discovered some newer music that I liked and actually felt a bit cool as I had some tapes now. Eventually I did take notice of more "popular" music too  which did lead to me being told by various people that I couldn't for example like Guns n Roses and Kylie. I had to choose?  I am not sure why it was such a problem for people but it would take me a long time to discover that 

You just like what you like 

Anyway to get back to the point, I loved singing along to the sixties music in Tenby :) 

The kids had fun dancing and playing. Even a rain shower didn't spoil the fun. The evening ended with some lovely fireworks. 
Not even having to walk back to the car after the festivities dampened our spirits. 

We all waited in Lexi's car while Claire and Dave went to bring their car to the kids which was parked a little further away. As well as playing "Truth or Dare" we appear to have played "how many people can you fit in a Polo?" 

Lovely afternoon and evening. I felt very tired the following day but that is to be expected.  I think I coped really well though and feel that this is another achievement. The steep hill down to the harbour which at one point would have terrified me was not a problem. I did for a few hours almost feel like a normal person. :) 



RIP Cilla Black - I will always associate  this day with the sad news that singer and TV celebrity Cilla who has entertained us for many years has passed away.  







No comments:

Post a Comment