Thursday 14 January 2016

How a moisturiser changed my life

Today I am sat at my Mum's waiting in for a exciting delivery. A new phone, I am so excited. I have been a iPhone kind of a girl previously but I am moving to a Microsoft phone. My laptop is Windows 10 so the two combined should be good/easy for my brain to get to grips with.

This week I have completed a Sudoku puzzle. It does not sound like such a big deal but it is the first one I have sat down and completed (and not given up due to my brain hurting or losing concentration) since my stroke.

Of course, I like everything to be balanced so it can't be all good news- nothing too bad but I had a minor melt down in Tesco - all because I could not think or find where deodorant or salt would be. I was in a different/bigger Tesco so the unfamiliarity was a bit too much.

Which leads me nicely on to how a face cream changed my life. No, it has not vastly improved my skin although I must say for a £1.99 cream from Lidl it is very good.  I had completely run out of moisturiser. I am lucky with my skin as long as I cleanse/moisturise everyday it stays pretty good but I notice and feel the difference if I miss out the moisturising stage.  With only a couple of pounds in my purse and limited shops available to me. that cream from Lidl was my only real choice. As I took it to the till to pay I was thinking about how fed up I was of being dictated to on what I choose to buy because of A) being disorganised with what items I have/don't have, B) being equally disorganised with my money. I promised myself I wouldn't let it happen again if I could help it.

I spent last year living day to day, week to week money wise but I am now more of a month to month person. Money is still on my mind a little more than it should but this is still very much a ongoing process as like my stroke recovery there is no overnight solution.

Good news for people around me - The reason I was looking for deodorant was that I am running low so I still smell beautiful at the moment. ;) I was just trying to be organised me which ironically explains why I need to be as organised as I can and get things done while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment